Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: The Braves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Braves

    Forever will remember the name Jay Bruce........
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Braves

    Yeah, especially the relievers. That was a sad series and looks like the Braves injury bug just keeps going up. Diaz, Kotsay go on the DL late last week, and then Hudson and Boyer get hurt yesterday. Luckily, the BP should be solid within a couple of weeks. Smoltz should be back this week and Mike Gonzalez hopefully returning stronly after Tommy John surgery last year.

    Bruce sure has looked good. It hasn't hurt any of my fantasy teams either. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Braves

    The Braves definately picked the wrong week to play the Reds, they are on a roll right now thanks to Mr. Bruce. I think the part that has amazed me the most about him is his plate discipline, his OBP is out the roof and he has walked in just about every game. He is going to be a good one, just hate we ran into him when he was so hot. Eventually he will have a bad series or two, just too bad it wasn't the last one. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Braves

    Braves are just terrible on the road. If they don't get that turned around soon they will not be in the playoffs.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Braves

    I agree...... They play the two teams above them over the next two series, even though it is early, I feel they are two huge series considering they got swept against the Reds.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Braves

    I concur. They have lost 20 straight 1 run road games going back to August of last year. Hopefully with the bullpen hopefully getting a little better, that will change. As long as they stay in contention I think/hope the Braves will go for a starter before the trade deadline. Should be some good ones available this year. Jorge Campillo has been a nice surprise.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •